I've been listening to a lot of music year-in-review radio shows, which explains the new additions to the playlist. Most impressive to me is Greg Gillis (Girl Talk), bioengineering researcher by day, music-masher by night, who has done more with a sampler than I ever even dreamt of when I bought my SP-808. Sounds like he has an encyclopedic knowledge of music. His entire album is made from brief samples of other songs. I put the track "Don't Stop" on the playlist to pay homage to the 3 second Megadeth clip at about 45 seconds. It's the bass intro to the title track on their album Peace Sells, But Who's Buying. Gotta love it. I also recognize a sample from one of the songs from the movie Trainspotting... Comment if you recognize any others.
2 comments:
I don't like it when you work nights :(
I do like the first few songs! I guess I'm no over it then.
Post a Comment