7.20.2009

Ryan Adams, Helicoptors

"I was trying to find me something
but I wasn't sure just what...
Funny how they say
that 'some things never change.'"


I've come to appreciate Ryan Adams' songwriting more these days. Maybe it's living in Virginia - the charm of simple song structures and down home Americana lyrics has become more appealing. Or maybe it's that one of my best friends here (A Californian nonetheless) is a huge Ryan fan. Whatever it is, I'm listening to a lot more of it now and really liking it. Here's a great clip, which, thanks to Ken, I can now turn into an MP3 and load onto my Ipod.

I feel incredibly lucky that I was able to do my Family Medicine month at a private practice in a quaint, lazy boating town on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. The doc who owned the practice also ran a clinic on Tangier Island, an island of 500 people in the middle of the Bay who settled there in the 1600's. Since then, only a few families have inhabited the island. The doctor is also a pilot, and he flies us there on his helicoptor every week. So money!



Flying towards Chesapeake Bay over White Stone, VA


Approaching Tangier Island

3 comments:

gina said...

that is so awesome! what a great job you have!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that it is Bernoulli's Principle that makes the helicopter fly?
http://library.thinkquest.org/2819/bernoull.htm

-MT

hungryjoy said...

i am so happy you updated your blog. i was getting really tired of that megadeth picture, haha.

your stint in Chesapeake Bay sounds pretty awesome. looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.