5.16.2008

I heard Hall of Fame NFL player Howie Long drop this quote on Around the Horn a while back, when talking about his son Chris, who was one of the top NFL draft picks this year, playing the same position that his dad played. Really like the quote... He thinks it was Abraham Lincoln, but I haven't been able to find any evidence to confirm it.

“In life, each man has three names:
the name he inherits,
the name his parents give him,
and the name he makes for himself.”

Here's my favorite shot of the children in the village we visited in Honduras. They were really great kids, amused by the simplest of pleasures. Hopefully, they'll be fortunate enough to come across opportunities to make names of themselves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great shot. Such little kids with faces that tell stories as if they've been through a lot already. Probably much more than I have in my 31 years of life.